During these uncertain times Speclean is committed to help businesses in preparation to return to work. Therefore, we would like to share with you a guidance, in line with the latest Government advice explaining how we can all return to work safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. The main advice remains the same which is to keep as many people as possible 2 metres apart from those they do not live with (social distancing). Other important points are as follows:
Making sure that any site or location that has been closed or partially operated is clean and ready to restart, including:
· Carrying out cleaning procedures and providing hand sanitiser before restarting work.
· Checking whether you need to service or adjust ventilation systems (advice can be sought from your heating ventilation and air conditioning engineers)
· Opening windows and doors frequently to encourage ventilation, where possible.
Keeping the workplace clean and preventing transmission by touching contaminated surfaces
· Frequent cleaning of work areas and equipment between uses.
· Frequent cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly, such as door handles and keyboards.
· Making sure there are adequate disposal arrangements.
· Clearing the work space and removing waste and belongings from the work area at the end of a shift.
· Limiting or restricting use of high-touch items and equipment, for example, printers or whiteboards.
Hygiene – helping everyone to keep good hygiene through the working day
· Using signs and posters to build awareness of good hand washing technique and increased hand washing frequency.
· Providing regular reminders and signage to maintain personal hygiene standards; avoid touching your face and always cough or sneeze into a tissue which is binned safely, or into your arm if a tissue is not available.
· Providing hand sanitiser in multiple locations in addition to washrooms.
· Setting clear use and cleaning guidance for toilets to ensure they are kept clean and social distancing is followed as much as possible.
· Enhancing cleaning for busy areas.
· Providing more waste facilities and more frequent rubbish collection.
· Providing hand drying facilities – either paper towels or electrical dryers.
Changing rooms and showers – To minimise the risk of transmission in changing rooms and showers
· Where shower and changing facilities are required, setting clear use and cleaning guidance for showers, lockers and changing rooms to ensure they are kept clean and clear of personal items and that social distancing is followed as much as possible.
· Introducing enhanced cleaning of all facilities regularly during the day and at the end of the day.
If you require any help with the above, please don’t hesitate to contact us direct by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02034176522.
Our team is now working in PPE and also able to install dispenser units and provide hand sanitiser refills.
Thank you for your trust in our team in this time and please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.